EAB Exchange-A-Blade, celebrates sustainability in its 45th anniversary
Delta, British Columbia—September 22, 2021— In the average year EAB Tool Company (EAB) keeps over 60 tons of steel out of landfills. That’s equivalent to 60 small family-sized cars. Founded 45 years ago with a vision to make high-performance power tool accessories environmentally sustainable, EAB has established itself as a true industry leader. And on Thursday, September 16, 2021 this was celebrated in style at EAB’s Delta manufacturing hub with guests and employees.
“I have always believed that if you make something, you should take responsibility for it, and this is why BC has been the ideal backdrop where EAB has flourished,” says Rob Forbes, Founder and Owner of EAB. “Our customers, locally and internationally, have appreciated the savings our exchange system offers and supported our green initiatives since our inception. I believe that we set an industry standard that has become even more significant today.”
The objective was clear when EAB launched its homegrown brand in 1976, and it remains unchanged today: remanufacture whenever possible, recycle everything else, and deliver superior products and service to the customer. With this in mind, EAB developed a sophisticated remanufacturing process in its 40,000 square foot Delta, BC facility, where over 35,000 blades are remanufactured every year.
As a result of its green exchange program, which allows customers to buy a product and return it after use for an exchange credit towards their next purchase, EAB saves the following natural resources each year: 93 tons of iron ore, 53 tons of coal, 20 tons of limestone, 4.5 million gallons of water.
EAB’s unique exchange system and loyalty program allows customers to save time and money. Offering exceptional value to all clients, from home DIYers to large scale professionals, carbide saw blades returned to EAB through the green exchange system are remanufactured, in Canada, to new, or better than new condition.
In its ongoing commitment to embrace sustainable practices, EAB uses state-of-the-art robotic equipment to manufacture new saw blades. EAB recently expanded its Canadian manufacturing technology; it has plans to increase its on-shore production to meet the ever-expanding market demands for high-performance power tool accessories that deliver on value and green practices.
EAB is a power tool accessory provider that offers a comprehensive selection of quality blades, bits, hole saws, abrasives and more, to suit the precision requirements of discerning professionals to home DIYers. A North American success story with a proven track record, it provides high-performance power tool accessory brands: Exchange-A-Blade, Stay Sharp, and RazorBack. EAB’s pioneering green exchange system not only enables power tool users to save money with its ‘buy it, exchange it, and save’ program, but to reduce their impact on the environment. This unique combination of top-notch quality and dedication to sustainable manufacturing practices delivers unbeatable value—up to 40 per cent savings—to loyal power tool users. EAB products are sold in over 2,700 retail stores across North America. More information available at eabtool.com.
- EAB is a power tool accessories provider that offers a comprehensive selection of performance blades, bits, hole saws, abrasives and more.
- Over the past 45 years, EAB has become a North American success story with a proven track record for providing high performance power tool accessories at affordable prices.
- EAB is dedicated to sustainable solutions and manufacturing practices.
- EAB’s green exchange system allows customers to buy a product and return it after use for a credit towards their next purchase.
- EAB’s unique buy it, exchange it, and save system means customers save time and money—offering exceptional value to DIYers and professionals (up to 40 per cent savings).
- The green exchange system provides retail dealers with a ready-made loyalty program, and their customers with significant savings over comparable competitors’ products.
- Carbide saw blades returned to EAB through the green exchange system are remanufactured, in Canada, to new, or better than new, condition (35,000 per annum).
EAB uses state-of-the-art robotic equipment to manufacture new saw blades at its 40,000 square foot Canadian manufacturing facility using best environmental practices.
EAB Tool Company Inc.